SHURE Announces a Second-Generation Upgrade to its AONIC 215 True Wireless Sound Isolating™ Earphones
Following the debut of Shure’s AONIC 215 True Wireless Sound Isolating™ Earphones last year, the Company is unveiling the next iteration of the iconic listening product. With significant product feature upgrades and the same low-profile design musicians use for in-ear monitoring on-stage, the second generation AONIC 215 True Wireless Earphones provide unmatched sound, secure fit, and enhanced performance. Built for music lovers, commuters, and for working out, the true wireless earphones enhance Shure’s existing line of premium listening products and offer new and improved capabilities.
This next evolution of AONIC 215 provides the same high-fidelity audio with clear sound and deep bass as the original—engineered from decades of experience supporting music legends.
Today’s consumers want a listening experience that offers a low-profile design and secure fit – without sacrificing sound. When it comes to AONIC 215, we listened to what consumers needed: stereo calls, volume control, sweat and water resistance, and flexibility. These feature upgrades complement the legendary audio reliability and award-winning modular design that Shure earphones are known for—listeners can quickly go from wired to wireless with the proper accessories.
Eduardo Valdes, Associate Vice President of Global Marketing for Pro and Consumer Audio at Shure.
Engineered from decades of experience supporting legendary performers, the second generation of AONIC 215 features the same studio quality sound—all while blocking up to 37 dB of outside noise. Equipped with a premium headphone amplifier, AONIC 215 supports multiple codecs, including Qualcomm aptX, AAC, and SBC, and offers Bluetooth5 wireless technology for enhanced stability and a range of up to 30 feet. For listeners returning to an office or heading back to the gym for high-intensity workouts, the earphones provide optimal comfort and a secure, over-ear fit to ensure they stay in place. Sound Isolating technology blocks unwanted noise, and with the press of a button, the Environment Mode feature lets listeners hear the outside world when needed.
AONIC 215 Gen 2 also incorporates these new features and benefits:
- Sweat and Water Resistant—AONIC 215 Gen 2 is built to perform in all conditions. Regardless of the environment—a drizzly commute to the office, or a sweaty spin ride at home—the earphones are IPX4-rated for optimal performance. Eight hours of battery life with three additional full charges from the included rugged, hardcover case means listeners can expect up to 32 hours of battery life.
- Hardware EQ—Users can choose from multiple presets, or create their own custom EQ and load it to their earphones using the ShurePlus PLAY app.
- Crystal Clear Phone Calls—Whether listeners are on the train, rushing to the subway, or taking an important call between meetings, AONIC 215 Gen 2 makes it easy to navigate calls. Call audio can now be heard in both ears, and role switching enables use of either right or left independently. Four beamforming microphones work together to improve voice intelligibility for video conferencing and phone calls.
- Auto Power On—Listeners no longer have to fumble with an on-button, AONIC 215 Gen 2 earphones power on automatically out of the case.
- Onboard Button Control—Convenience and ease-of-use are key when users are on-the-go. AONIC 215 Gen 2 now offers volume control directly on the earphones themselves as well as easy mute control. Customizable button configuration available in the app enables personalization of volume, playback, and call controls on either the left or right side.
AONIC 215 Gen 2 features the same modular design that Shure Sound Isolating Earphones are known for. Listeners can quickly go from wired to wireless with optional accessories. The Secure Fit Adapter can also be purchased on its own to easily transform any existing detachable Shure Sound Isolating Earphones to wireless. This means consumers can go from listening wirelessly on a phone to connecting to in-flight entertainment systems in a simple switch.
AONIC 215 True Wireless Sound Isolating Earphones (Gen 2) are available in black and blue color options and retail for £209 GBP. The True Wireless Secure Fit Adapter (Gen 2) can be purchased separately for £169 GBP.
The second generation of the AONIC 215 True Wireless Sound Isolating Earphones and the True Wireless Secure Fit Adapter are now available at select retailers and at www.shure.com/aonic215.
About Shure Shure (www.shure.com) has been making people sound extraordinary for nearly a century. Founded in 1925, the Company is a leading global manufacturer of audio equipment known for quality, performance, and durability. We make microphones, wireless microphone systems, in-ear monitors, earphones and headphones, conferencing systems, and more. For critical listening, or high-stakes moments on stage, in the studio, and from the meeting room, you can always rely on Shure.